Wednesday

Reading Week 2010

My students LOVE Reading Week. We participate in numerous literacy-centered school-wide activities. Here are some of the activities.
I read the book above and then right after I turn the pages as "What a Wonderful World," plays on my iPod. The children sat so still as they listened to the music. I got a little teary-eyed. :)


We designed shirts that were from our favorite books, like "The Great Fuzz Frenzy" and "Thomas the Train".

(My examples.)
We also listed our favorite books like last year, chalked our favorite story characters, had Clifford the Bug Red Dog read to us, another kinder and some first grade teachers read to us, guessed mystery readers, read with 4th graders, had an amazing storyteller, Antonio Sacre, come to our school, and we dropped everything and read (D.E.A.R.)...

No comments:

Post a Comment