Tuesday

Plants!

This week, we planted our own classroom garden in our water table. We have covered the life cycle of a plant and the parts of a plant, as well.
Our "Morning Message" was altered. I had the children stand up, pretend their feet were a plant's roots, their torso was the stem, their arms were the leaves, and faces were the flowers.

We worked very hard on large projects, showing a plant's needs.

Here's my example.

Here are some projects, showing the life cycle of a tree.

I hung them outside of our classroom.

We watched two FABULOUS www.brainpopjr.com videos:
1. Parts of a Plant
2. Life Cycle of a Plant

During recess, I roll our garden table outside to get some sun. The children are allowed to give each plant three sprays, then pass the bottle.


Here are the steps to making our Art Center project.

Above is my example for Art Center.

Day 3

We lacked sunshine for a few days.

Here is my post from our garden last year (and here and here).

No comments:

Post a Comment